It takes hands to build a house but only hearts can build a home. Whether you go for beautiful silk bed sets for your bedroom or stylish wall art for your living room décor; make sure that you choose the best options in hand.
Wendy Wunder says that, “The magic thing about home is that it feels good to leave and it feels ever better to come back.”
Decorate your home in such a way that it tells your story to the onlookers. Collect things you love, that are authentic, because an honest home is always up to date.
- Decorating is not about a look, it’s a point of view.
- Decorating and life is about moderation, splurge, then pull your jets in for a while
- Be faithful to your own taste because nothing you really like is ever out of style.
- The dumbest mistake is viewing design as something you do at the end of the process to ‘tidy up’ the mess; as opposed to understanding it’s a ‘day one’ issue and part of everything.
- Simplicity carried to an extreme, becomes elegance.
- Love blinds us. Don’t love anything – an idea, a tool, a graphic, a technique, a technology, a client, or a colleague – too much.
- Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Antoine De Saint – Exupery
- Content precedes design. Design in the absence of content is not design, its decoration.
- In the most successful spaces, you don’t see everything at once. The more time you spend in them, the more you discover. They open up like flowers.
- Decorating is not about making stage sets, it’s not about making pictures for magazines; it’s really about creating a quality of life, a beauty—that nourishes the soul.
- If you wait until you have enough money to decorate and make your home your own, it will never happen. If you wait until you can afford to buy everything new, you are missing the point. It is the old the new, the made, the hand-me- down, the collected, the worn things in your home that make it your own.
- Decorate your home. It gives the illusion that your life is more interesting than it really is.
Charles M. Schulz
- Everything is designed, few things are designed well.
- If you have a garden and a library you have everything you need.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
- Don’t be afraid to experiment__ not everything has to match. A house that is 100% perfect is rarely full of charm.
Rebecca De Ravenel
- Design is in everything we make, but it’s also between those things. It’s a mix of craft, science, storytelling, propaganda, and philosophy.
- A room should never allow the eye to settle in one place. It should smile at you and create fantasy.
- Serious is